A polypharmacy awareness tool to help you maximize your care by promoting meaningful patient feedback.
To provide the best possible care, the more feedback from the patient, the better.
When it comes to polypharmacy side effects, there are challenges to this kind of meaningful, proactive feedback. Side effects that could be mitigated often go unreported by patients. They may misattribute the side effects or live with them as “just the way things are.” They may not understand the multiple pages of information that came with their medications (or even read them), or remember what was covered during consultation times.
Rx Checker was designed to address these challenges. It is a polypharmacy awareness tool that focuses not on critical drug interactions, but on the possible cumulative, additive side effects of a patient’s drug menu that could affect their daily quality of life.
Here’s how it works. Simply enter all the drugs (prescription and OTC) that a patient is taking into the online system. It instantly generates a printable report that includes:
- An easy-to-read chart identifying the matching side effects of multiple drugs in the menu that could be additive/cumulative
- A more expansive list of side effects for each drug
- A basic statement on each drug and what it is intended to treat
Help patients better understand and become more involved in their medication menu.
All this is presented in a common sense manner that is easy for patients to relate to.
You can use Rx Checker reports to:
- Boost accuracy and efficiency. Rx Checker is great quick reference guide for professionals, offering an at-a-glance view of the entire drug menu. It also acts as a memory booster so you don’t have to rely solely on recall ability.
- More effectively communicate with patients about their drug menu, in a summarized, common sense format that’s easy for them to understand.
- Promote patient understanding of the drug menu and encourage feedback, which helps maximize your care. Equipped with the report’s knowledge, patients will have a better idea of the side effects they may experience.
- Make the most of consulting time by prompting specific, pertinent questions.
- Provide a future reference. Patients may grasp information about their drug menu initially, but after a period of time tend to forget the individual drug issues, let alone the bigger scope of their full menu of drugs. Rx Checker reports are printable, and can be sent home with the patient.
Get a Sample Report Get 3 Free Reports Now View Pricing