A side effect awareness tool to help you enhance quality of care and reduce the burden on your front line staff.
Polypharmacy is an area of concern for home health providers as patients take increasingly more medications. Most of the focus in the area of polypharmacy has been on preventing critical chemical interactions. Much less attention has been paid to polypharmacy side effects that home health patients may live with every day, that can affect their quality of life.
Rx Checker is a polypharmacy awareness tool that focuses not on critical drug interactions, but on the possible cumulative, additive side effects of a patient’s drug menu that could negatively impact quality of life.
Here’s how it works. Simply enter all the drugs (prescription and OTC) that a patient is taking into the online system. It instantly generates a printable report that includes:
- An easy-to-read chart identifying the matching side effects of multiple drugs in the menu that could be additive/cumulative
- A more expansive list of side effects for each drug
- A basic statement on each drug and what it is intended to treat
Help patients, caregivers and staff be aware of side effects that can impact quality of life.
All this is presented in a common sense manner that is easy for patients and caregivers to relate to.
You can use Rx Checker reports to:
- Assist in the initial evaluation of a patient upon entering your program, as well as on a periodic basis to help identify possible drug induced side effects you should be aware of.
- Help patients and/or their caregiver(s) better understand the possible side effects their drug menu may produce. They can then be more effective advocates, letting staff or their medical professional know about potential issues. Their doctor may be able to make adjustments to the drug menu to help alleviate the negative side effects.
- Review with your front line staff to help discuss issues for a specific patient that could be addressed with a modification to the drug menu.
- Ease the burden on your front line staff. Home health care is grueling work, both physically and emotionally. Unexplained symptoms add to the stress. These symptoms could be side effects from the patient’s drug menu, which a deeper discussion with the patient’s doctor could reveal. There may be modifications to the drug menu that could help alleviate the side effect situation.
Get a Sample Report Get 3 Free Reports Now View Pricing